Thursday, July 21, 2011

North Carolina--Outer Banks



Ocracoke Beach And From The Air

Hatteras

Atlantic Coast Bicycle Trip
May, `77


Things weren't quite so gloomy today. Once I left Beaufort, the
weather cleared a bit (over 5 inches of rain in two days), and the
highway became bicycle heaven. Cedar Island was nice. The ferry over
to Ocracoke was especially nice, probably two hours over to the Outer
Banks. Ocracoke was sand, ocean, and people, that's all—very nice! I
met some good people on the boat and again that night in the park.
After everybody had crashed, looking at the moon, and listening to the
sea's lullaby, I thought to myself what a great day I'd just had.

The next day I boarded a ferry to Hatteras, a much more
commercialized island. The ride lasted about an hour. The Outer Banks
were beautiful. I met a lot of quick acquaintances, all nice people.
I'm really glad the Outer Banks happened. Maybe now my tolerance level
for ill tidings won't be so low. Ocean swimming, sunshine, biking, and
lots of nice people have a way of reinforcing everything that's good
in life. In fact, what else is there! To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment