Saturday, February 25, 2012

And That Is What Prevents The Acceptance Of New Ideas









The Emotion Of Reason
Future Time



"What did you do after that," said MV, "I mean you never really had
the `smarts' to compete on the level of the really talented, so how
did you handle it—emotionally I mean."

"I was really conflicted," I replied. "I had something important to
say, but I just couldn't get it done. I felt duty-bound to try,
though. What I found was that I was in over my head."

"How so," MV responded.

"After a couple of failed attempts I got the message," I said. "It was
right in front of me. I just never saw it until I had too."

"Saw what?"

"The problem," I said. "I saw the problem that prevents new ideas from
taking root. Instinctively we are forced to hold on to our
convictions. It's all about who we are. It follows from my own
philosophy in fact."

"I don't understand. What the hell does that mean?" said MV.

"But that is the problem," I replied. "I can't explain it unless
emotionally, we're already on the same page; unless we are already in
tune, so to speak. Otherwise, anything I say amounts to no more than
wind blowing through the willows."

"Aw go ahead and give it a shot, I'm all ears."

"What! Is that a joke?"

"You decide," MV responded. "After all it’s not like we're two
different people, you know."

"Humor; what’s next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment