Monday, August 1, 2011

Baking Bread In An Oven Fireplace






Massachusetts
June 12

Richard and I straightened up the castle before leaving. The castle
had aged. It was never more splendid than when we first encountered it
two days ago. Just before leaving we put the bread that we had bought
at the store into the top of the 1720 fireplace—a bread oven built
right into the fireplace. It turned out scrumptious. What a treat!

When you're not traveling, expenses pile up. I guess that's the price
of a good time. I had $400 when I started and now there's only $180
in my pocket. The good news was that the rain had stopped and the
weather was clearing. I'm looking forward to a nice, long, bicycle
ride today. Maine and Nova Scotia, here we come!

June 15

Richard and I did Boston. We stumbled upon a youth center where we
both got a shower. We washed our clothes at a laundry mat and then, in
late afternoon, we left town. Thoreau's Walden Pond was next up for
us. By the time we had reached there, the park had closed. The
entrance was in a secluded area, and since nobody was around, we
decided to go inside anyway. After some difficulty, we got our bikes
past the locked gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment