Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little Qualicum Falls—A Very Spiritual Place






Meditation
June 28, '80

Just to tie up some loose ends: I wanted to go to Qualicum because I
couldn’t pass it up. I remembered it to be just too beautiful, even
upon repeated visits. Besides, I wanted to spend some time in meditation
and one could not ask for a more spiritual place than Little Qualicum Falls.
Under cloudy skies, I found a rock overlooking the step-down stream. The
meditation experience was not that intense, however. Reaching those
peaks of calm, especially when you’ve let your meditation practice
slip, is never been easy. Even though I was only partially “there,” I
did get a sense of the mystical, and I imagine the sight, sounds, and
smells of the rushing waters of Qualicum Falls had a lot to do with it.

The no rain ride back to Parksville was an enjoyable one.
The camping experience, on the other hand, wasn’t so
enjoyable. I paid $5.50 to pitch my tent and then I found out
campfires were not allowed. And, when I went took a shower, I had
to pay another fifty cents. The water wasn’t even hot. I was pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment