Friday, December 2, 2011

Reflecting On My Last Two Relaxing Days In Oregon






Port Angeles, Washington
June, `80

Last night, while walking on the beach, my horn in hand, I played some
incredible music. It felt as if the ocean was playing me as the music
effortlessly poured forth. I had not had that feeling in a very long time.
After coffee in the morning, I took my body to the showers. I was just
a bit apprehensive, though, I was afraid that after the dirt fell off
there wouldn't be anything left. After that I was off to the
Laundromat and grocery store. Bananas were ten cents a pound; I bought
twenty-two. I'm eating one right now. Tonight I think I might walk to
the tavern. That sounds like a good plan.

Tomorrow morning I will board the ferry for British Columbia. For the
past couple of days, I've been hanging out in the Olympic rainforest (hence
the dirt). I've been in Washington for quite awhile. Say goodbye to the sun
Dave. Goodbye sun; I haven't seen much sun lately, just a slice at a time.
There she goes, in between the clouds first, and then behind them.
She's gone!

I sure appreciated those last couple days in Oregon. That memory is especially
compelling right now since when I look up I don't see ocean surf nor a
beautiful sky, I see a leech slowly moving across the outside of my
nylon tent. Did I mention that I'm in a rain forest? On that last
evening, while walking the beach in Oregon, the shine of the half moon
full on the water was absolutely gorgeous. Those two days spent relaxing in
Oregon were, perhaps, the best part of this trip, and could very easily become
the highlight of this entire trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment