Monday, May 9, 2011

Eddy To The Rescue



Blending In With The Locals
Keaau Beach, Hawaii

There were so many incidents involving locals attacking transient
beach campers that I knew, for whatever reasons, I had "lady luck" on
my side. As far as having something of value, though, you'd have to be
pretty poor to find a "prize" in my tent. Having nothing to lose
probably had something to do with my not getting mugged. A more
substantial reason, however, had to do with my own "local look."

At the Cornet Store where I worked, the locals knew me as the store
janitor. After that, I was lucky enough to get a better job at the
Fogcutter bar and restaurant, which was located close to the
Cornet store. In fact, one time on a busy weekend at the beach, the
cashier lady from my old job saw me being "bad mouthed" by one of the
locals. She promptly screamed, "Hey. Leave him alone. He works for
me." After that, some of the locals even flashed me welcoming smiles.
It felt good to be included.

Before Carol Sue went back to the mainland, I was always on my
guard. The most probable cause for hostilities was a mix of male egos
with unattached women. That was what provoked last night's situation
anyway. When Eddy's friends arrived from Olympia in the afternoon, I
hardly had been introduced before I went to bed. I had to go to work
at 1 a.m., so I crashed about 6 p.m. After I went to sleep, Russell,
a local, and his friend, sat down and drank a couple beers with Eddy,
Tim Terrific, and the chicks. The neighborhood locals had been doing
glue (sniffing) all day. When the chicks went to bed, and Eddy and Tim went back
to their respective tents, the boys decided they wanted to fuck, so
they just hopped on the screaming girls. Eddy was the first on the scene.
He immediately tried talking the dudes out of raping the girls.
Words were useless; it was like talking to cement. The interrupted
dudes went to plan B, their next favorite pastime, fighting.
Light complexioned Eddy, with his long blond hair,
shone like a candle in the dark as he tried to calm the hardly
visible mokes. Eddy didn't believe in violence, but under the
circumstances, he did his best to fend off punches and kicks while
screaming at the mokes to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment