Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Harder It Rained The Louder I Sang





Seawall Campground
June 19

The misty, gray, weather had turned to rain. I was not going to let a
little wetness get me down, though. I started singing, and the harder
it rained, the louder I sang. Luckily it didn't break loose until
mid-afternoon, just as I reached the Seawall campground. I spent the
next two hours putting up my tent. This time, however, I put it up
underneath the tarp that I bought just after I left Richard. I didn't
know if my idea would work, but I had to try something. The pouring
rain made my engineering project difficult, but around 6 p.m.
everything came together. I even got a fire started and had a can of
hot Beef-a-roni for dinner. After dinner I walked down to the camp
store in order to phone home. I needed to find out if Richard was
somewhere in the park. I figured we could hook back up with help from
our parents. I received sad news. Richard's younger brother Steve had
been killed in a car accident and they had been trying to contact him,
but that was a couple days ago. More than likely, he was already on
his way home. I felt really bad for Richard as I mentally prepared to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment