Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mt. Cadillac






Arcadia National Park, Maine
June

It rained this morning. I was depressed, but that ended with the
rain. The clouds rolled away, and the sun came out. Hold on, the
mosquitoes are really hungry.

There, that's much better. I had to put up my tent. I pity the
animals out there. The mosquitoes are in a feeding frenzy heat. Now
where was I; oh, yeah—when I finally left the campground it was a nice
72 degrees (soon to become 80) and the sun was shining. I was so glad
to be riding my bicycle; it felt like I was sailing down the highway.

I took the cutoff up to Mt. Cadillac, a 1500-foot high mountain. On
the way there, I ran into Donna and Peggy. They were riding bicycles,
too. Donna was having problems with her derailleur, so I helped her
out as much as I could (not much). After that, the three of us rode
together to the summit. The view was super. On the east and south were
the ocean, islands, and inlets. On the north and west were lakes and
forest. The girls and I enjoyed the view and the sun. We ate our lunch
together. Peggy even offered me her place to crash for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment