Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cathedral Grove





Vancover Island, B.C.
July, '72

Once we made it back to the paved highway we camped. Getting the tent
set up at night was not easy; finding a place to camp was, though. In
the morning we headed back to the east side of the island. I knew,
from my last trip to the island, that we were going to pass two scenic
spots, Cathedral Grove, with its huge Douglas Fur forest, and Little
Qualicum Falls.

The beautiful giant trees came first. The place hadn't changed, but
with its 800-year-old trees, you wouldn't expect it to either.
Unfortunately, Mike left his 35 mm camera on a bench, and when we went
looking for it, it was gone. There went all the pictures of our
Canadian adventure. Oh well, I was never into "saving events" anyhow.
Mike took it pretty hard, but even so, he got over it.

Little Qualicum Falls was our next stop. That was one of my favorite
places. I wanted to make it extra special for Mike and Bev, a real
memory jerker, so I suggested we drop acid before we arrived. Mike and
Bev were okay with the idea, so when we arrived at the falls, we were
tripping pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment